Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Knit Picks KIPer (knitting in public) Bags arrived Saturday and I love 'em. In fact, I love them so much I have had them outside for a photo-op so I could show the world the complete spiffiness of these bags.

This is the set of five bags.

all bags The large, medium, and small bags, and the purse have their own shoulder strap.
The three bags have grommets and two other hickies on one side so the purse, which has matching holes for the hickies and grommets, can be attached to them.
three bags and purse

The purse with its hickies and grommets.
purse outside

This is the largest bag with the purse attached.
100_0365

The next pictures are bag innards. The largest bag will hold all the yarn for a sweater for a goodish sized individual.
large bag view 1
It is not even close to being full and there are twenty-one skeins of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in it--I added some fabric in the pockets on each side of the yarn so they would show to better advantage--one long pocket with zipper on one side and three smaller, no zips, on the other. The smaller ones will hold many pairs of DPN's, a large pair of scissors and an extra pair of glasses.

The inside of the medium bag with twelve skeins of KP WoTA's, again with fabric in the pockets--long zippered and two zipless--and, again, not filled completely.
100_0353

The small bag, yeah, I know, no yarn, but it will hold eight skeins of WoTA's and still zip easily. It has one zipper and one zipperless pocket.
small bag

The purse is large enough for a small pack of tissues, a wallet, a lipstick, $4.62 worth of change, my car keys, and has pockets for my cell phone, two pens, a thin trashy novel, and eight credit cards...eight credit cards, Yarner? Hah! I wish.
purse

The KIPer zipper bag measures 5 1/2 X 7 1/2 inches and can hold all manner of stitchmarkers, a row counter, three crochet hooks, and a bag of Gummi Bears.

These bags would make great carry-on luggage or **shudder** diaper-and-WIP bags

The best part of getting them is stuffing them with my WIP's. The hardest part is not hurting my back because, technically, the larger bags fall into my no-no category of tote-able things but...I do lurve my KIPers.

5 comments:

Fiberbliss said...

Very nice bags. They help keep us organized and fashionable at the same time.
New blog template also. Great job!!!

Peri said...

Green, totally green! Why can't we get KnitPicks *sigh*. They look great too!
Organised knitting.....well a girl can dream. *wanders off to rummage through a collection of plastic bags and cardboard boxes that contain knitting projects* ;0)

Fat Baby Momma said...

checkout ellesfatbaby.blogspot.com cool birthday pictures

Fiberbliss said...

Your turn to be tagged. Hope you are doing well. See my blog.

Soulknitting said...

Hi Deb,

I'm hoping you're ok, you haven't posted for so long. Blessings to you.

Kim