Saturday, May 12, 2007

Today's My Birthday

Yep, Le Yarner is fifty-four today. I don't know if I feel my age but I know for sure I don't act it. I can remember seeing folks in their fifties act a fool when I was thirty-ish and thinking they ought to get a grip. I expect folks roll their eyes at me sometimes but it's not keeping me up at night.

There are advantages to being fifty-four. I got caught speeding while really digging on some Steppenwolf but got away with a warning. "You were doing eighty in a fifty-five (mph) zone, ma'am." "I know and I'm sorry officer. I had Born to Be Wild blasting in the cd player and got carried away." "Well, I'll let it go this time but let's slow it down ma'am." And I've learned a lot, done a lot, suffered a lot, laughed a lot, loved a lot, and got hurt a lot...my life lived in the what-the-frock lane.

I wish I had something profound to add to this post since it is my birthday and this is my first post in a loooooong time but I've also learned I'm not profound. However, I have learned that these two gentle gentlemen can usually pick me up if I'm down and I pass them on to you.

5 comments:

Trillian42 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Deb!

turtlegirl76 said...

Happy Birthday! It's good to see you around again! Have a wonderful day!

Soulknitting said...

Woot!!! Happy, happy birthday!!!

Batty said...

Happy (admittedly late) Birthday! It's so great to have you back! I wish you many, many more years of rocking out to Steppenwolf while speeding down the highway.