Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Once upon a time I could stay up late at night. I mean, back in the day there were times I would think to myself, "If I can get two hours sleep after the party/clubbing/card game I'll be good to go." Now, however, my good-to-go is you've-GOT-to-be kidding.

Monday through Thursday I have to check on Mr. Patient twice each night. Monday night is not bad and I'm pretty perky Tuesday morning. From Tuesday night on it's all downhill. Last night I just barely remember being up at 1:00 and I waked to the 5:00 alarm in a dream-like state of, "Whaaaa?". In the bathroom mirror I discovered I have a set of tire tread marks on my face and bags under my eyes I can put clothes in.

The brain is SO not firing on all cylinders--I filled the coffee maker, turned it on, and forgot to put the coffee pot under it, I brushed my teeth with the 1% cortisone cream which was waaaay too close to the toothpaste--it worked pretty well, btw: clean teeth and my mouth doesn't itch; 'course it made the coffee I finally got cooked taste like crap.

So let this be a lesson for all of you who can stay up late and still percolate. Savor this time cuz it won't last.

And keep the cortisone cream far away from the toothpaste.

4 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Ewwwww. It sounds worse than drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth.

Peri said...

Poor Deb. Wow - I never knew someone with an itch free smile before - wicked.

Zonda said...

um...icky...at least it wasn't preparation H or something worse LOL!

sorry..hehe...um shouldn't laugh, it could be me next! :)

DeltaDawn said...

Eyeeewwwww! I think it's the change of seasons - everyone I know is bumbling around doing silly things like that!