Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hey, Ali, Look at This

My first Booga Bag...sort of. I didn't like the pleat so I blocked it to be a straight-sided rectangle. I also didn't care for the I-cord strap so I knit a large square of stockinette, felted it, and then cut it into straps which I felted again. I untwisted the Noro so it would be thin enough to pull through the bag fabric. Then I matched the colors of the bag and sewing yarns and attached the straps to the inside of the bag.

That is not a relative of Sponge Bob Squarepants beside the bag, by the way. It's a stack of video cassettes. See, Ali, this is how big it is. There's one laying flat on the bottom of the pile, then four videos on that and four more videos on those. To block my bag I eased all those cassettes into it and wrapped the bag tightly with some fabric so the corners would be sharper. I ended up hitting the corners with the iron just a tad.

By the way, if you stuff videos in a wet bag and wrap it with fabric it takes ages to dry...just thought y'all might want to know that. For the wierdos who like specifics it's 9" high, 7 3/4" wide and 4 1/2" deep.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Ali said...

OMG Deb!! That Booga is Be-U-Te-Ful! I love that you tweaked it and made it your own. Oh how I long to make my 1st bag of ANY kind. Hah, hair colors....we should be related. I used to be a natural dirty-blonde. Now I'm just a dirty-broad. I have screwed with my hair so many times; I have even colored my hair 2x in ONE day (reds). Truthfully, it isn't straw-like at all. well, maybe, kinda....
Thanks for writing me. I'll keep checking your blog. Love, Ali

Fiberbliss said...

Deb,
Bootaful Booga! Love those Noro colors. You added your own signature to a popular bag. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag Deb- cool colours!

I'm another hair dye addict and still dabble sometimes - but also pay Karen a hair genius to come and sort it all out every 2/3 months - she's due on Friday - mmmmm what colour this time?

Sp xxxx

Soulknitting said...

WOW! That bag is GREAT!!! And I love the video 'blocking.' hehhehhhe