Monday, May 16, 2005

Yarn and Tell

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is a pile of fabulous feltable yarn I got in a swap with Fiberbliss. I am finally going to get to practice my felting technique. Actually, I have no felting technique yet, but I shall acquire one. There is Brown Sheep, Monos del Uruguay, Noro Kureyon, Reynolds Lite-Lopi, and probably some names I forgot. I have never seen or felt (no pun intended) this yarn before. It's all wonderful.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I also received this stitch marker as a surprise with the yarn. It's made by Fiberbliss, aka Linda and it's the only one I have. It's a beautiful little thing; my photography skills do not do it justice. You can email her about her markers.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this is my Clapotis WIP. It is done in Caron's Simply Soft in black with Caron"s Fabulous railroad ribbon as a carry-along. I cannot get the right lighting (photo ineptitude) to show the metallics in the ribbon yarn. This particular color has small "tiles" of gold and bronze. It really sparkles and looks stunnin'. Auntie may even deign to model it...the ribbon yarn is nylon, it ain't all acrylic. But, hey, the bags I make will be wool. She'll love those.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Clapotis is gorgeous! If Auntie puts up a fuss about modelling that, then there's just no pleasing her.

Ali said...

Girl, you done went a got yourself a good ole heap of "TREASURABLE" yarn!! I am envious like only another knitter could be!

You shall now be forever known as the "Clap" Queen to me! teehee

Love, Ali

Soulknitting said...

Wow!! Wow!!! Wow! Your black * gold Clapotis is INCREDIBLE!!!

(Did my 3rd drop yesterday!!)

Love Kim
www.soulknitting.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Great idea for the clap! I have a little something in my stash I might try too...

Rachel