Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Picture Yarn

At last, a picture. Thank you Ali and your cohorts. This is my very first clapotis, modeled by my great aunt (she came back as a cheap lawn chair-she never did have any class) made with Cervinia Amalfi, an acrylic fingering weight yarn. I didn't want to use anything expensive in case I had to frog it. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us It looks quite nice but, delicate flower that I am, it makes me itch like mad. I shall give it to someone with a tougher hide than mine because someone is going to wear this. It took me a ridiculous number of attempts to get the first seventeen stitches done correctly. I have made five others, all in solid colors, all with inexpensive yarn (okay, it's cheap yarn), and now I want to make one with a snuggly and varigated yarn, with nary an acrylic fiber in the midsts of its lusciousness.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Yarner,

I hope I don't flood your blog with comments, but, you crack me up! The Clapotis is gorgeous. It is so wasted on your Aunt. ALi

Rachel said...

And a BEAUTIFUL picture it is! Yay for you for both the accomplishment of posting pics and for knitting such a beautiful clapotis! I MUST make one for myself...

Rachel

Anonymous said...

I accidently rated your picture a 1, I am so sorry I thought it was a picture number. It is a very cool picture and a very pretty clapotis