Friday, June 03, 2005

The Felting Yarn

I have finished my very first felted thing. Many thank yous to Fiberbliss and Bensmumma (Linda and Rachel) for all the materials and advice.

This is Auntie and the French Market Bag before felting.

It's a small version done on only one hundred stitches. Auntie was still pouting at the time this was taken. I am inordinately proud of this bag. It was fun to make and I learned some new techniques. I made a square-way cool-did sloped decreases, learned to love DPN's and knitting in the round, and I Kitchenered. Although...I didn't Kitchener very well; I'll have to practice. I think the bad grafting was what putting Auntie's strapping in a twist.

And, look, Ma! No ladders!

(No thumbnail, but you can still click it).

Auntie and the bag after felting. She is wearing a newly finished shawl also.

This is a better view of the shawl, made with Caron's Simply Soft.

This is my last, last, last acrylic garment/anything else (except the slippers and afghans for my aged folksies). I don't think Auntie even noticed it was acrylic. Honestly, I had a dream that she reported me to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Lawn furniture. Maybe now things will calm down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Especially the impressive absence of a ladder :)

Ali said...

Deb, I really love your knitting. I haven't seen a thing I wouldn't want to own and wear! Did that come out right? lol Ali

Soulknitting said...

Deb, both the bag and shawl look Great!! What pattern is the shawl? And when are you posting a 'finished' pic of the fab black/gold Clapotis?
Kim from Soulknitting

Jennifer said...

Your french market looks so cute!