Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Last WIP Yarn

I did it. I finished my lion from hell. I spritzed it with water, blocked it, sewed on the eyes, trimmed the fuzz, attached it to some stiff cardboard, attached that to a piece of luan, and the whole mess weighs eighteen pounds. It's going to take a sixteen penny spike to support it. It's not framed yet so there's another pound. It looks quite spiffy, if I do say so myself and I can say so because I have no pictures and you will just have to take my word for it. I decided to goose it up a little so I used some 22 gauge black wire instead of yarn for whiskers and I crocheted some eyes instead of embroidering them and used little bits of felt for the speckles that the whiskers come out of instead of French knots. I will get some pictures on here one day. I need to get a camera quickly because after I get the camera it will no doubt be six months or so before I have mastered the whole digital picture taking and uploading technology involved.

No comments: